Year 5 (26 June 2013)
- 26 June 2013
- 5th anniversary of WikiofScience. By this date, the site has approximately 360 active pages, 168 of which have being formally published in Knowledge (ISSN 2324-1624). The site has received some 63,053 visits along the year and some 87,842 pageviews. The number of visits on the day has been 180.
- 23 May 2013
- An opportunity arose to submit the journal Knowledge to the Australian Business Deans Council (ABCD) Journal Quality List 2013 Review, under the category 'new academic journal'. After much deliberation, however, it was decided that Knowledge has not many 'business' related papers at this time, and that it would be better to postpone application until the next call for submissions.
- 1 January 2013
- Knowledge (ISSN 2324-1624) becomes the new title for the journal linked to the site. It is the same wikijournal but with a simpler and catchier title than the 'Journal of Knowledge Advancement & Integration' (ISSN 1177-4576) it replaces.
- 12 July 2012
- The 'Journal of Knowledge Advancement and Integration' / 'WikiofScience' get their YouTube channel and Screenr channel.
Year 4 (26 June 2012)
- 26 June 2012
- 4th anniversary of WikiofScience. By this date, the site has approximately 261 active pages, 99 of which have being formally published in the Journal of Knowledge Advancement & Integration (ISSN 1177-4576). The site has received some 61,034 visits along the year and some 80,647 pageviews. The number of visits on the day has been 141.
- 18 April 2012
- The 'Journal of Knowledge Advancement and Integration' starts backing up its articles onto Wordpress.
- 1 February 2012
- The 'Journal of Knowledge Advancement and Integration' / 'WikiofScience' get their Facebook page.
- 31 January 2012
- The 'Journal of Knowledge Advancement and Integration' / 'WikiofScience' get their Google+ page.
Year 3 (26 June 2011)
- 26 June 2011
- 3rd anniversary of WikiofScience. By this date, the site has approximately 127 active pages, 17 of which have being formally published in the Journal of Knowledge Advancement & Integration (ISSN 1177-4576). The site has received some 33,696 visits along the year and some 41,454 pageviews. The number of visits on the day has been 59.
- 27 April 2011
- Link of Wiki of Science to the Journal of Knowledge Advancement & Integration (ISSN 1177-4576). Good quality pages can now be published (some will also be peer-reviewed, when appropriate). These pages will be locked from editing and will be officially published as articles in a periodical. These articles feature a proper reference and page numbers so that they can be used as a reference elsewhere. Yet, the articles remain available in the wiki for greater efficiency and a better surfing experience.
- 18 April 2011
- A revamping of the start page concludes. The start page now offers feedback regarding the latest changes made to the different topics in the site. This change aims to reinforce the collaborative nature of the wiki.
- 17 March 2011
- Set up of the categories "Data" and "Quasi-science". A new approach to knowledge is also implemented. This new philosophy will seek to emphasize particular knowledge rather than "disciplinary" knowledge. 'Data' files will offer information about empirical knowledge and corresponding methods, with little on the way of interpretation of results beyond what the data have to offer. 'Science' topics will capture particular knowledge derived scientifically, including interpretation of data and new hypotheses derived from data files. (This is in opposition to capturing any knowledge produced by or linked to a scientific discipline. Therefore, any scientific topic needs to be supported by or make reference to empirical data on site or elsewhere). 'Quasi-science' topics will capture knowledge that has not yet being put to scientific scrutiny (eg, theoretical models) or whose scientific value is not fully proved. (Therefore, most knowledge, including that of "scientific" disciplines, is expected to fall within this category.) 'Pseudoscience' topics will capture no scientific knowledge, that is knowledge that cannot be put to scientific scrutiny or has being otherwise disproved (eg, typical pseudoscience topics, outdated scientific models, etc). 'Technology' topics will capture technical and technological knowledge, be this about typical technologies (eg, mechanization) or knowledge whose function is rather technological (eg, procedures, instruments, etc).
- 12 September 2010
- Experiments start with a new "test" section. Readers can test their understanding of a page by answering a few questions at the bottom of the page. They can get immediate feedback by hovering the cursor over the selected answer's footnote. These first experiments are done on the "Statistics and Methods" pages.
Year 2 (26 June 2010)
- 17 March 2010
- Launch of the AviationKnowledge journal (ISSN 1179 6685) in the sister site. This further predates on the progress of Wiki of Science.
- 2 April 2010
- Wikidot imposes a new advertising policy for free sites. Although it promises to place ads in a non-intrusive manner, ads are actually quite intrusive, altering the look and feeling of WikiofScience. Members of the site can log in and navigate the site without ads; non-members, however, are stuck with them.
- 24 December 2009
- Set up of the category "Pseudosciences".
- 23 December 2009
- Set up of the category "Technologies".
Year 1 (26 June 2009)
- 17 December 2008
- Set up of the "knowledge base" in the sister site AviationKnowledge. This site is more technologically oriented and practical than Wiki of Science.
- 16 October 2008
- Launch of the sister site AviationKnowledge.
- 14 July 2008
- Launch of WikiofScience as a public site. The motto of the site is "Everything learned, and nothing forgotten".
- 26 June 2008
- Creation of WikiofScience with "Science" as the default category. The first three science pages to be started are "Coordination", "Relational coordination" and "Environmental collapse model".
Founder and editor-in-chief
Jose D PEREZGONZALEZ (2008). Massey University, Turitea Campus, Private Bag 11-222, Palmerston North 4442, New Zealand. (JDPerezgonzalez).
page revision: 27, last edited: 28 Jun 2013 09:30