|[Data]||[<Normal page] [PEREZGONZALEZ Jose D (2011). Nutritional balance of dromedary camel milk. Journal of Knowledge Advancement & Integration (ISSN 1177-4576), 2012, pages 13-15.]|
Dromedary camel milk's BNI
Perezgonzalez assessed the nutritional balance of dromedary camel milk as for human consumption in 2012. Results were based on data published by Medhammar et al (20111).
Dromedary camel milk had, on average, a nutritional balance of BNI 86.93sf, being particularly biased towards excess of saturated fat. It was adequate in protein, low in carbohydrate and fiber, and high in sugar, fat and sodium. It also provided about 114mg of calcium per 100ml of milk.
Dromedary camel milk appeared as highly unbalanced according to international Recommended Dietary Intakes (RDIs).
|Illustration 3: Nutritional balance across international RDIs|
|Dromedary camel milk||Medhammar et al||86.93||99.40||56.55||86.55||82.55|
|(Source: Perezgonzalez, 2011a2)|
Collated from Medhammar et al (20111).
Materials & analysis
Relevant data were collated, then assessed using the Balanced Nutrition Index™ (BNI™) technology (see Perezgonzalez, 2011b3). SPSS-v16 was used for the computation of variables, including BNI and international indexes, and statistical analyses.
Medhammar et al's (20111) data were based on international research. Thus, these results are also generalisable internationally.
Want to know more?
- BNI™ database
- The database offers individual nutrition analyses for foods, including the food referred to in above article.
- BNI™ journal (2012, issue 2) - Nutritional balance of minor dairy animals' milk
- This issue of the Balanced Nutrition Index™ journal collates balance analyses done on Medhammar et al's data in a single book.
- Wiki of Science - Nutritional balance of foods
- This Wiki of Science page collates information about several foods on a single page and provides useful links to the appropiate files.
Jose D PEREZGONZALEZ (2012). Massey University, Turitea Campus, Private Bag 11-222, Palmerston North 4442, New Zealand. (JDPerezgonzalez).