Levels of measurement
Levels of measurement refer to how a variable can be quantified (thus, measured). Four are the possible levels of measurement:
- nominal (which may be referred to as nominal measure, nominal level of measurement or nominal scale)
- ordinal (which may be referred to as ordinal measure, ordinal level of measurement or ordinal scale)
- interval (which may be referred to as interval measure, interval level of measurement or interval scale)
- ratio (which may be referred to as ratio measure, ratio level of measurement or ratio scale)
Want to know more?
- Wikipedia - Level of measurement
- You can learn a bit more about levels of measurement in Wikipedia.
Contributors to this page
Authors / Editors
page revision: 6, last edited: 13 Nov 2010 10:12